Huge showy flowers in shades of red shout CELEBRATE – that’s amaryllis! Elegant and joyous, blooming amaryllis add fresh beauty to your holiday decorations like nothing else can.
Tips for planting amaryllis bulbs:
- Plant 6-12 weeks before you’d like it to bloom – figure about 10 weeks.
- Plant new bulbs every two weeks for blooms throughout the season.
- Heavier pots help hold the big, beautiful blooms upright.
- Plant in a pot that’s just one or two inches larger than the bulb – they like to be a little crowded.
- Plant in well-drained quality potting soil.
- Plant with 1/3 of the bulb above the soil line.
- Water at planting time with lukewarm water, and wait to water again until you see green growth.
- Place in bright indirect light.